Telluride, Colorado is a breathtaking town nestled in a canyon in the southwest corner of the Rocky Mountains, full of charm and history. Boasting world-class ski slopes, delicious cuisine, and luxury accommodations, the town of Telluride has something to offer year round. A typical destination for tourists in the summer and winter, the autumn is really the towns best-kept secret.
As the summertime festivals come to an end, before the snow begins to fall Tellurides Aspen groves transform from a lush green to vibrant hues of yellows and golds, inviting you to explore beyond the shops and slopes.
Here are some fun ways to explore the best Telluride has to offer:
1. Sight see from high above in a gondola or hot air balloon.
2. Take a drive through the windy roads through the canyons, and ghost towns.
3. Witness the awe-inspiring beauty of Bridal Veil Falls, Colorados tallest free-falling falls.
4. Whisk down the mountain terrain on bike trails designed to challenge and invigorate.
5. Step back in time and explore some of the oldest gold mines in Colorado.
6. Take the afternoon and relax in the healing waters of the Orvis Hot Springs.
7. Go for a hole-in-one at the Telluride Golf Course.
8. Indulge your shutterbug and take a photography tour.
9. Tantalize your taste buds with the local cuisines with Telluride Food Tours.
10. Discover the history behind this mountain town, with a visit to the Telluride Historical Museum.
Your Time & Place Concierge will be glad to make reservations and provide directions, if needed.