Whats happening this month in your favorite Time & Place location? Our insiders take a look at events you wont want to miss!
* Paris: Calling all art lovers! The 16th annual Festival Ardanth runs January through April and features artists whose talents span the mediums of theater, dance, music, film and art. With events running continuously throughout late winter and into early spring, your visit to Paris will likely coincide with a performance, exhibition or showing.
* Modern Art Aficionados will want to visit the Pompidou Centre and their current contemporary art exhibit. Every 2 years the National Museum of Modern Art revises and renews its contemporary art collection and the current collection expires in April. To experience this collection that features noteworthy artists like Andy Warhol, Cy Twombly, and new contemporary artists like Jessica Warboys and Kader Attia, be sure to book your tickets now. You’ll want to stay in the 1st or 4th arrondissements to be close to the action!
* Southern California: Experience the beautiful and breathtaking sight of the annual Gray Whale Migration that occurs this time of year. Pods of these magnificent creatures make their way south and spotting them is easy from shore or aboard a chartered boat. Our Santa Barbara luxury vacation rental is the perfect jumping off point for this wonderful yearly event.
* Palm Springs: With nearly 2 weeks of tours, lectures, and dinners, Modernism Week in Palm Springs is a big draw for those interested in the mid-century design this area is renowned for. Walk, bike, or drive to see the architectural highlights and discuss your appreciation at the many cocktail hours and dinners given over 10 days. Modernism Week runs February 13-23, 2014
* Los Angeles Area: Taste carefully selected fine wines and meet their gifted winemakers as you enjoy the International Food & Wine Fest. Exquisitely prepared cuisine accompanies your wine during this 1-night only event on February 26, 2014.
* Vail: Few things go better together than good music and great beer. Winter Wonder Grass in Vail is a combination of local and national bluegrass bands and the excellent craft breweries Colorado is famous for. Spend your days on the slopes and your nights rocking out with a cold brew in hand. This is a great year to add this event to your calendar with the epic snowfall Vail and nearby Beaver Creek has been receiving! Winter Wonder Grass runs February 21-23, 2014
* St. Barts & St. Martin : The islands invite you to shed your inhibitions and indulge in the annual celebration of Carnival. The streets overflow with masked revelers as calypso music fills the air and locals and visitors alike enjoy this event where too much is never enough.
No matter where your wandering heart takes you, the beautiful locations of Time & Place luxury vacation rentals offer year round events that will delight and inspire!